From time to time, it may be necessary to get your jewelry repaired.
However, in the event you are not in a position to visit us at an event, or you don’t have time to mail in for repairs, here are a few guidelines you may find helpful:
- Prevent Damage to Your Jewelry Prevention is by far the best way to prevent repair, so regular inspections are the way to go. Simply performing an inspection every two to three months will ensure that the condition of your jewelry is good, and keeps a small problem from becoming a big problem.
- Look for Reviews and Referrals When deciding on a jeweler for your repairs, always look for reviews of their work, asking for referrals whenever appropriate. Taking a few moments to ask some questions about the process is the best way to begin.
- Jewelry Repair Pricing When repairs are being priced, be sure that these costs are being quoted from a price book rather than off the top of their head. When a jeweler takes the time to publish their prices, it is clear they have extensive experience and have researched their investment of materials and time necessary to complete the job correctly.
- Observe the Jewelry Take-in Procedures Clear descriptions of how the item is to be repaired is vital. Be sure to closely observe the jewelry when the repair is being explained. The issues with each piece needs to be well documented with descriptions, drawings and or photographs to ensure the repair is done correctly.
- Inspect Your Jewelry at Pickup When you pick up your repaired piece of jewelry, it is important to always inspec the work that was performed. Before accepting it, you first need to make sure it is the correct item. Next, be sure that the repair was executed as requested. Finally, be sure that the entire piece was also cleaned and polished. This should be included in any jewelry repair.
Golden Lion Jewelry does not recommend that you repair your own jewelry unless you have been professionally trained to do so. Take damaged jewelry in for professional repair as soon as possible, especially if small pieces like stones or links of chain have fallen out – the longer you wait, the more likely small pieces will be lost. We offer a range of repair services, please contact us about your problem.